South Summit is the global open innovation platform that connects startups, corporations and investors with a focus on business opportunities and as a way to generate opportunities. South Summit will be held on October 2-4, 2019 in Madrid and now is open the registration period to participate in what they call “Startup Competition”, this call is born with the initiative called “South Summit Fund”, which is a venture capital fund founded by South Summit by the hand of Red Capital Partners, aims to select 100 projects for presentation within the framework of South Summit, which will take place on 2, 3 and 4 October 2019.
The projects will be selected according to various criteria such as the innovative proposal, its feasibility, scalability, equipment and interest for potential investors, and is aimed at all those projects that are in an early stage of development (“Early Stage”) and also those that are more consolidated (“Growth”). The call is open to all entrepreneurs, whether natural or legal persons, of legal age, whatever their nationality.
The deadline for submission of projects will begin on February 1, 2019 and end at 23:59 h on May 31, 2019, registration is free at https://www.southsummit.co/es/competition, and the selection criteria to be used for the selection of 100 finalist Startups will be as follows:
- Innovation, relevant innovative aspects and differentials.
- Scalability, internationalization potential and application in other countries.
- Feasibility, technically and commercially viable projects.
- Team, relevant experience and commitment for the development and launch of your proposal.
- Invertible, interesting proposal for investors, financial institutions and/or companies..
The 100 projects selected to participate in South Summit will have access to the Startup Package consisting of:
- Pitch – Presentation to leading international investors, media and leading innovation companies.
- Tickets – 3 free tickets to South Summit.
- Direct discount on booth.
- 1:1 meetings and matchmaking with Investors and large corporations.
- Fund book: Access to the list of investors attending the event with first hand information.
- Corp book: Access to the list of companies attending the event with first hand information.
- Training program during the month of September (presentation training, fundraising…).
- Bootcamp: exclusive for finalists.
- Other benefits
The 100 projects selected to participate in the South Summit will make a first presentation on stage on October 2 and 3, 2019 and will be evaluated by a jury made up of the main investors in the ecosystem. This jury will select the best presentations (about 10 startups) that will make a second presentation on the main stage and will be evaluated again by a second jury.
South Summit from South Summit Fund, will deliver several investment awards subject to equity participation:
- A first prize of an investment of up to 3 million euros for one of the 100 finalists.
- Two investment awards of up to 1 million euros each in two startups chosen from the 100 finalists.
- Ten awards of 100,000 euros for the ten winning vertical startups in the Competition.
A great opportunity to get financing and enjoy one of the most consolidated events in the world.