Every six months Cloud Incubator HUB offers entrepreneurs an opportunity to participate in a pre-incubation programme, where they can grow up their business ideas, meet other entrepreneurs, build and implement their business plans, and finally to be evaluated by other entrepreneurs and investors in a demo-day. The results obtained in this programme by novel entrepreneurs are indispensable in order to cope successfully with rounds of financing and business acceleration programmes, such as Wayra, Repsol Foundation, Seed Lab, etc.
The next two editions of this Pre-Incubation programme are scheduled for:
- October 2013-February 2014 (Autumn Semester).
- March 2014-July 2014 (Spring Semester).
If you wish to take part in the next edition of the Cloud Incubator Pre-Incubation Semester (October 2013-February 2014) you need to submit an entrepreneurship proposal by 20 September 2013 and it must comply with the following conditions. We will confirm your registration and the schedule of planned activities before 1 October 2013.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Bright sparks who wish to start up a company in the field of information and communications technology but do not know how. Cloud Incubator HUB offers them the opportunity of getting to know other entrepreneurs and joining in cross-disciplinary groups. We are not only looking for university students in the field of ICT (telecommunications engineers and computer engineers), but also any professional or student interested in applying ICT to other sectors (agriculture, industry, tourism, trade, etc.).
- Individual entrepreneurs or groups of entrepreneurs who have not yet started up a business. At least one of these entrepreneurs must have a background in technology, although it is best to form cross-disciplinary groups. In this sense, they are welcome students of any discipline, and especially those from Business Sciences.
- New businesses or startups aiming to develop highly-innovative products or services which are related to information and communication technologies.
HOW MANY PLACES ARE AVAILABLE FOR ENTREPRENEURS?
There are 12-18 places to set up approximately 6 startups of 2-3 entrepreneurs per startup.
The incubation/acceleration period is 5 months.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Technological training related to internet of things (programming of mobile devices, design of smart objects, cloud services, etc..).
- Business training (generation of business ideas, business models focused on internet, business plans, investors, etc.).
- Advice on possibilities of financing.
- Identification of possible investors.
- Publicising of brands and advances in media and social networks.
- Networking sessions (Cloud Afterhours).
- 1 workstation per entrepreneur, including furnishings, iMAC or PC (if necessary) and high-speed Internet connection (50 Mbps).
- Common areas, including conference room, meeting room, brainstorming room, kitchen, office and landscaped rest areas.
- 1 laboratory for design, manufacture and testing of electronic prototypes.
- 1 Data Processing Centre to house servers.
SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICES (Not free of charge)
- Possibility of legal advice.
- Possibility of preparation of promotional material.
- Possibility of accommodation in an apartment at the Golf Resort Hacienda del Álamo during the six months of incubation.
DO YOU HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING?
Annual fee of the Cloud Incubator HUB technology entrepreneurs association (€50/year). The incomes of the association entirely revert in providing services to its members.
WHAT DO WE ASK OF YOU THEN?
- Written commitment to spend at least 20 hours per week during the five-month incubation period.
- Agreement for participation of Cloud Incubator HUB in the startup if it is successful.
- Written commitment to contribute to development and support other Cloud entrepreneurs and the organization.
- Mandatory attendance at all networking activities (Cloud Afterhour).
- Mandatory attendance at all workshops organized.
HOW TO REGISTER
Complete the form below (click here to fold down) by 20 September 2013
WHEN WILL YOU HEAR IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED?
Before 1 Octuber 2013